I was so excited going into the story. I came out, having so many mixed feelings about this book.
- It was a rollercoaster that basically kept going down with a few up-going parts thrown in there.
- The writing kept me from making any connections. I couldn't sympathise with Ruby at all and, since I felt so distant from the story, didn't feel any strong emotions.
- I was constantly confused, I felt like most of the backround story was poorly explained.
- I thought the idea was so good and the story could've been, too. But because the author spent so much time being stuck in places that weren't interesting and not using the chances to really grab onto the interesting themes and storylines and take them to the next level , it just fell through for me.
- There were parts where I couldn't stop reading, wanting to see what's going to happen next.
- I loved the romance and a few of the relationships.
Now, don't get me wrong. I did like the book, and I am planning to read the next one when it comes out. I was planning on giving it 3/5 stars, but while writing the review, mostly negative things came to mind.